Things I have been doing in the space between last April and this January (during which, as my keenest readers will have noted, I have posted almost nothing):
1. Recovering from a short illness.
2. Learning Lithuanian in order to understand my wife when she sleep-talks.
3. Re-reading ‘Gdansk Haunting‘.
4. Pondering over whether there are better ways to get through a recession than writing reviews of obscure european novels for loss-making cultural journals with a readership of ten or less.
5. Considering a new career as a) a chutney-merchant, b) a hedge-trimmer or c) a puppeteer.
6. Writing down my memories of the late great Johannes Speyer.
Things worth repeating from the list above:
1. Writing down my memories of the late great Johannes Speyer.